Follow me on fb

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

12 Day Reader's Event SHAMROCKS-N-SIRENS Welcomes Featured Author Kenneth Hoss


Shamrocks-N-Sirens 12 day Reader's Event 
is Glad to introduce to you, the very talented Crime Novel Author, Kenneth Hoss. 
Kenneth will be letting us in on a bit of the plot for his suspense filled Thriller ‘Storm Rising'.  Find out who he would choose to cast for a motion picture based on this book!
 









Kenneth Hoss was born at Carswell Air Force Base in Fort Worth, Texas in 1957. Kenneth served a combined total of fourteen years on active duty from 1974 to 1987 in both the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy. He has lived in several States, including South Carolina and California. 





What is the main premise of this book?
It’s the story of a female NYPD Detective, how she deals with the obstacles life throws in her path

How long did it take you to write it?

From start to finish, just over a year.

Who’s your favorite character in it?

Well, I am biased, so I have to say it’s Kelli.

When reading, do you prefer eBook or paperback?

I switch it up. I have a Kindle, but I still love the feel of a real book in my hands.

What projects are you currently working on?

I’m currently working on the second book in the Kelli Storm series, Storm Warning.

What is something that surprised you about being an author?

Tough question. I guess I’d have to say it’s the sudden “fame”. Now when I go into my local pub, I have people I don’t know coming up to me and asking if I’m the ‘Author” everyone is talking about.

What one word describes how you feel when you write?

That’s easy, excellent!

Who designed this cover?

That would be George Arnold, the husband of fellow author Carolyn Arnold. I have to say, when I saw the cover, I fell in love with it.

Can you tell us about an early childhood memory ? 

Well, that depends on how early. I can recall things from when I was three and four. I can remember riding on the train with my Mother, going to meet my Dad in San Antonio where he had gone to find work. I was maybe four at the time. I remember because my first sister hadn’t been born yet.

Do you ever write in your PJ’s?

What are PJ’s???

What are your pet peeves? 

People who drive too slow. (Like going 25 in a 35.)

What’s your favorite beverage?

I have two actually. One is Guinness and the other is Pepsi.

So do you like to cook? 

Absolutely. I’m somewhat of a closet gourmet. My favorites are Italian and French.

What’s your favorite ice cream?

Butter Pecan.

Do you normally eat for breakfast, of do you skip it and get straight to work?

One or two cups of coffee and then off to work.

What is something you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)?

My trusty USB thumb drive.

Do you sleep in or get up early?

Always early. Since my days in the military, I’m doing good to sleep past 7 a.m. on the weekends.

Which do you use most for writing on, laptop or desktop?

Laptop.

Do you have pets? Do you have a picture of them you can share?

No pets.

What's your favorite gadget? 

Gadget is such a broad term. I would have to say my “Smart Phone” would have to be my favorite gadget.

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?

At home and usually in the evening, though on weekends it’s pretty much any time.

What are your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad ? 

The good, it validates your work as an author. The bad, well, I don’t really see any bad side to it other than not getting any at all.

If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you?

Well, John Grisham would be my top pick, though I wouldn’t wish anyone being stranded on a desert island. Next I would pick Stephen King, to tell us scary stories around the fire at night. Lastly, Jane Seymour because I met her once when I lived in California and was working on a television movie, and she is a really interesting person. (Good looking too.)

What’s your bucket vacation?

I would love to sail from Hawaii to Fiji, and then on to Sydney.

What's your favorite quote? 

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.” E.L. Doctorow
 
List 3 books you’ve just recently read and would recommend?

I hate to admit it, but the most recent book I read was about 3 months ago.

If your book was made into a TV series or Movie, what actors would you like to see playing your characters?  
Well, for Kelli I see Charlize Theron playing that part:

For Kevin, I see Gerard Butler:



For Lt. Franklin, Sasha Roiz:

Still haven’t figured out who I would want to see play Bill Hayes. Even though he doesn’t actually appear in the book, I think Benicio Del Toro would make a great Miguel Garcia.


If you were to attend a St. Patrick’s Day Party, which one thing would you never leave behind and why?
 
A mug of green beer.
It’s a sin to leave beer behind.
 
Where can your readers stalk you?

Readers can stalk me at the following links:

Twitter: kennhoss@twitter
eBook:
Amazon:
Barnes & Noble:

Paperback:
 http://www.amazon.com/Storm-Rising-Kelli-Novel/dp/1467985430/ref=tmm_pap_title_0



MARCH 15th
 DAY 11 OF A 12 DAY EVENT!
FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO ENTER EVENT CONTESTS, READ BELOW.

2 comments:

  1. I hate slow drivers too!
    And that is a nice cover ; )

    Much success to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did someone say Gerard Butler? :o)

    ReplyDelete