Follow me on fb

Friday, March 9, 2012

12 Day Reader's Event SHAMROCKS-N-SIRENS Welcomes Featured Author Jennifer Chase

Shamrocks-N-Sirens 12 day Reader's Event
is happy to introduce none other than the one and only
Author Jennifer Chase. 
Jennifer Chase holds a bachelor degree in police forensics and a master’s in criminology.  She’s a member of the International Association of Forensic Criminologists.  She is an award-winning author, freelance writer, and a criminologist.  She has authored four crime fiction, thriller novels and a non-fiction book screenwriting book.  Currently, she resides in California where she is at work on her next book.
Today, Jennifer Case discusses her book, 'Dark Mind'. 




What is the main premise of this book?

Dark Mind takes readers on a crime adventure with vigilante detective Emily Stone who hunts serial killers and child abductors covertly under the radar.  She shadows police investigations and secretly submits all of her carefully compiled evidence to the detective(s) in charge via an untraceable email.  The newest case takes her to the beautiful island of Kauai where she’s put to the ultimate test of her profiling and investigative skills of tracking a brutal, sadistic serial killer deep into the jungles.   
 
How long did it take you to write it?

I spent one to two months creating an outline, which ultimately becomes my first choppy draft.  From that point, it took another two to four months of writing and rewrites to complete the book.  It takes an average of six months to write one of my crime thrillers.

Who’s your favorite character in it?

That’s easy!  I enjoyed creating the main character of Emily Stone for an ongoing series.  It was a writing process for quite some time before I decided to introduce her to readers.  She’s definitely tougher and smarter than I am, but I wanted to make her wonderfully flawed with her mission to find serial killers. 

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?

I write mostly in my home office.  It’s quiet and I find that I can get more writing done in my scheduled blocks of time rather than in a public place like a coffee bar.  In the summer months, sometimes I take my laptop or notebook outdoors for fresh air and writing.

When reading, do you prefer eBook or paperback?

A year ago, I would have definitely said paperback.  For the most part, I still prefer them.  I bought an Amazon Kindle last year and I really love the ease and less clutter of it.  So I’m torn at times, but for reading entertainment I choose an ebook and for my more technical and non-fiction books I prefer paper.

Do you ever write in your PJ’s?

Who told you?  You bet I write in my PJs in the mornings when I don’t have appointments or important errands to run.  Barefoot and in my PJs is like the comfort food of writing.  The more comfortable, flannel with silly prints on them the better.  Anyone have a line on adult flannel SpongeBob pajamas?

So do you like to cook?

I’ve never really enjoyed cooking as a daily task, but recently I’ve found out that I don’t tolerate wheat or gluten well.  I’m not diagnosed with the related disease, but now without it I’m feeling better with more energy.  Without pastas and breads I’d go completely crazy, so I’ve been in the kitchen cooking more and I’ve found that I do enjoy it once I’ve made peace with it.

What’s your favorite ice cream?

Ice cream is my sweet vice.  My favorite flavors are chocolate chip and butter pecan tied in first place.

Do you have pets? Do you have a picture of them you can share?

Yes, my life wouldn’t be complete without my four-legged buddies.  I have two Labrador retrievers (would love more) and two cats.   My labs keep me balanced and make sure that I take plenty of much needed writing breaks.  Since writing about serial killers can be dark at times, my dogs lighten things up with fun and high energy.















If your book was made into a TV series or Movie, what actors would you like to see playing your characters? 
  
I love this question!  There are so many wonderful actors out there, but my dream players would be…

                                                           Angelina Jolie as Emily Stone


                                                         Johnny Depp as Rick Lopez
                                       Matthew McConaughey as Jordan Smith

Hey, remember I did say dream actors.

If you were to attend a St. Patrick’s Day Party, which one thing would you never leave behind and why?

A green derby
A walking stick
A pot of gold
A mug of green beer
A Rainbow
Luck O the Irish
A Leprechaun

First, I was going to say a walking stick for protection against bad guys on the way home from the party, but I’d have to say a rainbow because everything in life gets better with a rainbow.  Bless the Irish!
Where can your readers stalk you?

I welcome questions and comments!


MARCH 10th
  DAY 6 OF A 12 DAY EVENT!

FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO ENTER EVENT CONTESTS, READ BELOW.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Jennifer! It's been nice getting to know you. Best of luck with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer! I love dogs too! And having read one of the other books in the Emily Stone series, I must say I will be back for Dark Mind. (Heck, I'm heading over to Amazon now. Not sure when I'll get to reading it, but I will!) And nice dream actors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! I've seen the Sponge Bob jammies but only in the men's department. That works! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had fun with your interview Jennifer! love the Sponge Bob jammies. Mine are pink and black cows:) I also love dogs. Posted about them on my blog. Called them the ghost and the darkness.
    Dark Mind sounds like just what I like to read. Will make time to read it!
    laura thomas

    ReplyDelete